Thursday, August 2, 2012

Twenty one years of grace

Tomorrow Blake and I will celebrate our 21st anniversary, and I'm wondering where the time went!  I swear it was just yesterday that we were holding hands on campus and planning a lifetime of fairytale ministry together!  Now we are older, still serving together, and ever aware that life is no fairytale...but God is bigger and more able than we ever gave Him credit for being back then!

Blake is God's biggest gift of grace to me.  I'm whiny, rude, mean, grumpy, inconsistent, unorganized, unbalanced, and lousy at laundry on my best days.  I hate to clean, I love to sleep late, and I have gained and lost and gained again 20 pounds since our wedding.  I'm not well educated or theologically brilliant.  In spite of all this, Blake has shown me and continues to show me God's love and unending grace every moment of our 21 years together.  He literally has never lost it with me.  Too good to be true for sure!

I love you, Dear, and I would follow you to the ends of the earth just to watch what God does through you!  You are the best pastor, teacher, writer, father, son, and husband I've ever met!  I never could deserve you!  Thank you for loving me!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Blake is amazing but his wife is not so bad herself. Hope y'all have a great day.

Lindsay said...

Congratulations to both of you. You are both gems in my book!