Monday, January 26, 2015

Daniel Plan Week 3

Please forgive me for being a day late posting this!  I had the opportunity to visit old friends and run a 5k in Atlanta this past weekend.  By the time I landed back in KC last night, I was one really tired gal who just couldn't make herself finish this post.  Quite honestly, I was also feeling kind of yucky because I didn't exactly stick to the Daniel Plan most of the weekend.  I am just going to admit that I lived by Nehemiah 8:10 which says,

"And Nehemiah continued, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared.  This day is holy to our Lord.  Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Some reunions call for choice foods and sweet drinks (sweet tea that is!).  My dearest friends and I celebrated with all our southern favorites and then we ran a 5K.  Now, mind you, it was, and I'm not even making this up, the Hot Chocolate 5K.  When you finish, instead of a medal, you receive a glorious gift of chocolate fondue and hot chocolate.  I run for chocolate! Here's a photo of some of my friends getting ready to run!

Can you see that chocolate?



Confession over.  I'm claiming Romans 8:1 this week.

Hopefully you read a large portion of the chapter on food last week.  I'd be shocked if you didn't learn something!!  I'd love to get some comments of what stood out to you.

Hopefully you also worked on a memory verse.  Again, I'd love to hear how His word is giving you strength.

This week:
1.  Finish the chapter on food.
2.  Begin incorporating it's principles.  I challenge you to the 10 day detox!  Do it...it's not that hard and you'll feel incredible!  I'm starting 10 days of detox today after my weekend!
3. Watch this video and begin to read the labels on the foods in your pantry. What needs to be replaced?  http://youtu.be/VqoWO0-RSAI
4. Share a new DP appropriate recipe with us!

Questions, comments?




No comments: